Monday 2 August 2010

Mirror, mirror on the wall ...

Time for reflection - more time than I expected as stockchecking at work and then on holiday.  I tried the Vark Questionnaire to see what type of learner I was.  No real surprises that my learning preferences were read/write closely followed by visual.  It was a bit disconcerting that my study stragegy ended by saying "You are heading for the library" - looks like I am in the right place.
I wanted to be kinesthetic as I had no clue what that was but it wasn't to be.

Reflecting on the 12 things so far, I have enjoyed the chance to try out or revisit various tools.  The biggest change was Delicious. I registered awhile back and it was fairly limited, now it looks really useful for myself and for the library users.  Twitter I feel is only really beneficial if you are on it almost all the time, otherwise you miss the flow of information - perhaps time for me to get a smart phone and become connected.  Also not convinced about blogging although much easier than I thought to do.  Doodle, calendar, slideshare and flikr are all useful for getting organised and sharing.  Definitely will continue to use to some extent.

I am looking forward to exploring some new tools in the future things.  And continuing beyond the things into the future where I am sure there are many changes ahead - a shame I didn't get any vibes from Nostradamus!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a lovely picture! Sorry - nothing meaningful to say, but I couldn't let that darling gorilla pass without comment.

    ReplyDelete