Monday 7 June 2010

The bird has escaped from its cage

Doodle - a thing I know.  I am a big fan of doodle and although I haven't yet scheduled an event with my buddies, I use it alot at work.  Previously when organising meetings I always used to have to birdcage people and then if there were alot of dates or people then I had to calculate which was the best date and check back who could do what.  Doodle makes it simple to check the best availability.  No more birdcages!


It is not flawless though and could do with more options  (or diversity - been watching too much Britain's got talent!). It would be great to be able to say "I can make all the dates" with one click - if you can do this, someone let me know how.  Also it would be good if more dates were displayed without scrolling.  Also I have had a couple of emails from people saying perhaps they shouldn't be at the meeting as their name is not listed on doodle - they don't realise that they are supposed to add their own name. 

Some more options may be available if you register but the reason why Doodle is one of my favourite web2.0 tools is people do not have to create accounts, register, sign up with google or anything to use it.  It means you can email anyone attending your meeting without worrying about whether they have an account with the provider, whether they want an account (many people don't want to sign up for google, yahoo etc) and know they just follow the link and enter their details.  A definite plus point from me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment