Wednesday 2 June 2010

Where to start



My first blog for the cam23 things. Thing 3 instructs us to write about what we hope to get out of the programme. I am hoping that the programme will make me find the time to try out some of the web2.0 tools out there.

Most I have dabbled with in the past but usually another priority gets in the way. But now I can make the cam23 programme a priority and spend some time trying to develop some tools that will be of use in the library or if that fails at least enjoyable for me to use.

Blogging is one of the things I haven't done before but maybe by the end I will be addicted even if only talking to myself!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lyn,

    Welcome to the programme. I've added your blog to the main list so you won't be talking to yourself for long!

    best

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyn,

    Something which utilises Web 2.0 is JournalTOCs http://www.journaltocs.hw.ac.uk/ JournalTOCs provides easy access to 14,000 journal Tables of Contents. It aggregates RSS feeds, but users don't need to know anything about RSS in order to get something out of it.

    Now, there's also a customised version of JournalTOCs for an academic library http://www.journaltocs.hw.ac.uk/API/blog/?p=354

    ReplyDelete